Welcome to the Finance Patriot. The term Patriot conjures up images of freedom and eagles. I believe that in order to truly be free, one must become financially free.
My goal here is to share the steps in my journey to early retirement. Subsequently, I plan to write about my adventures in early retirement. Some of the interesting things you will read about here are;
- My financial history and how I got to where I am today
- Tax strategies for early retirement. Hint: They aren’t the same strategies used for an “old age” or traditional retirement.
- Non conventional wealth building strategies that seem to not exist in the early retirement community. Stay tuned.
- Our family travel adventures. A lot of these adventures will be partially funded with miles and points, and I may mention travel hacking strategies I used to help fund these vacations.
I would like to share some things with you, in order for you to get to know me and my family better.
- I’m 40 years old, a father of one girl and one boy. Their ages are 5 and 7 as of this writing (March 2017). I am also a husband to an amazing wife for over 10 years now.
- I plan to retire soon. I am hesitant to pull the trigger, but I plan to get my ducks in a row before calling it quits. It won’t be easy, but nothing in life worth doing is easy.
- I obtained a degree in Accounting and am a CPA. I have only done financial auditing, financial analysis type work and have only done my own tax returns. I have a passion about tax law, but that’s based on reading and not preparing returns for others.
As I continue to write and engage with readers, I also hope to learn more as well from the audience. I have already learned so much from early retirement bloggers and have much to be thankful for.
Humor is a main goal of this blog. Thanks again for visiting here and come back often as I have much more to post.
Be sure to follow The Finance Patriot via Facebook, Pintrest, Instagram, or Twitter at financepatblog. You can also sign up to receive updates via email. If you are on your phone, scroll to the very bottom for these options. If you are on a desktop these buttons will be on the right hand side. You can reach out to me at email@example.com.